Monday, October 29, 2012

Updates, finally!!!

I'm sure anybody that knows me that is reading this thought I had lost intrest in this project, but you're wrong.  Between my job that pays for this project and this project I just haven't had time to keep this blog up to date.

Engine:

The problem with the motor was found without having to tear the motor down, or even remove it from the frame.

Whoever put this engine together put a flat wahser and a lock washer on the bottom bolts that hold the bell housing to the engine block, that caused the bolts to be pressed against the flywheel and pull the crackshaft tight against its thrust pads (the middle two bolts were missing altogether).  I bribed my good friend Kevin with dinner and beer to help pull and remount the flywheel, I just wish we would have researched how heavy it was before my head was underneath it when it let loose and we were both trying to keep it from crashing down on my skull.  After we redid the bottom bolts and added two to the middle we fought the flywheel back in place (did I mention how tough it is to wrestle 65 pounds of steel out of  and into a place that has no access from above) we quickly learned that two of the six bolts that hold the flywheel in place are just a hair closer than the other ones and the mark I thought I put on the crank and flywheel turned out to be just on the flywheel, so after four attempts to get all six bolts in we finally had success, and a motor that spun by hand!!!

See Body Language, Under the Hood and Frame Work for further updates on other parts of this project!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment